Brewers open “Design a YOUniform” contest to fan vote | News
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The Milwaukee Brewers announced three finalists on Tuesday, January 15th in its “Design a YOUniform” contest. Now, a fan vote to help determine the winner is open at Brewers.com/uniform.
Last fall, Brewers fans were invited to submit their ideas for an alternate Brewers on-field uniform, and the contest resulted in an overwhelming number of fan entries. After receiving nearly 700 submissions for the “Design a YOUniform” contest, the Brewers selected three finalists.
Of the three finalists, two live outside of Wisconsin. They are Ron Verrecchio from Catonsville, Maryland, Ben Peters from Richfield, Minnesota and Nicholas Fout from Madison, Wisconsin.
All of the finalists have been invited by the Brewers to travel to Milwaukee for Brewers On Deck at the Delta Center on Sunday, January 27 where the winner will be announced on the Klement’s Main Stage. The “reveal” will be hosted by Brewers pitcher John Axford. The winner will receive a trip to Brewers Spring Training 2013 to see the winning design on the field at a game.
The fan vote will remain open until Tuesday, January 22 at 10 a.m. CT and will count as one vote among a panel of eight judges. Other judges include Jill Aronoff, Brewers Senior Director – Merchandise Branding and representatives from Majestic and New Era.
The hats and uniforms from the winning design will be worn by all Brewers players and coaches at the Friday, March 22 Spring Training game at Maryvale Baseball Park against the Chicago Cubs. The winner will receive airfare for two, tickets to the game in Arizona to see the uniform in action. and $1,500 for hotel, ground transportation and other incidentals. The winner will also have the opportunity to select the jersey and hat worn by one player from that day, plus will receive ten t-shirts and hats made from their design.
In addition, the Brewers announced today that the uniforms will also be worn at Miller Park on Saturday, March 30 as the Brewers take on the Chicago White Sox in an exhibition game.
Upcoming Events near South Side - City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- All aboard! Downtown trolley service kicks off Thursday, June 5th
- Peking House Chinese Restaurant & Bar to open in downtown Milw.
- Group wants portion of funds from potential new Bucks arena
- MPD investigates theft of sports apparel at Marquette University
- Police investigate apparel stolen from Al McGuire Center
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was “nagging” him
- Drivers take note: 16-mile stretch of I-94 to be resurfaced
- Neighbors “heartbroken” elderly couple involved in murder/attempted suicide
- Oak Creek arms teachers, staff with tools in case of shooting
- Cudahy man charged in standoff says he was mad his friend called police
- BOOTED: Mall security ends protest over bus stop
- BUSTED: Man arrested for road rage, charged with 9th OWI
- Franklin rejects plan to repay millions borrowed for proposed baseball stadium
- Man arrested for carrying handgun into Whitnall M.S.
- Police arrest man accused of carrying gun into Whitnall Middle School